Thursday, December 4, 2008

A year ago today.....

A year ago today was a day from hell, literally, hell. We just finished another horrible dilation in Dr.Kuhn's office and had a big pow-wow with everyone saying that Emma needed a colostomy and another PSARP b/c she wasn't healing up from her surgery (the biggest DUH inserted here). I know after that appointment I puked in the bathroom with the door wide open for everyone to see and ask if I was okay. No, I wasn't okay-I felt like the world was crashing down all on top of me and Emma was coming along for the ride. I had to pull it all together because I had to meet with her geneticist for her yearly checkup. I think I had the mini-nervous breakdown in between her weight and height check (3% on both) and when the genetic counselor came in. I don't even know how I made it through that appointment. I cried all the way home, cried until Chad came home, cried over the thought of having to do this all over again. It was simply surreal that night.

But what started as the day from hell ended with these words from Dr.Levitt "Sure I would be happy to help you". Our saving grace. I got an email response in less than 1/2 hour.....simply amazing. In less than 3 months, she had her surgery in Ohio.

And now a year later, a new butt later, she is 28.5lbs and 36 inches tall (60% baby!). What a difference a year can make.

5 comments:

Bridgette and Thomas said...

Emma is so lucky that she has such a wonderful Mummy who is so connected and loving. It does make you sick this rollercoaster ride, and it's hard to decide what is worse-the ride going down, getting to the bottom or going up worried that it's gonna start again.
For now it sounds like you've managed to get off and rest. She is thriving and you should be so proud of not only her achievements, but your own!!
B

benjamin67 said...

I read this entry as I was scanning through your photos. I think the picture that best sums up this entry is the picture with a bow on Emma's bum.

Amber Schmidt said...

What a difference a year makes! I am glad you found Levitt!! I am even glader that Levitt happens to be only 1 hour from MY house which means you have to be nearer to us to see him!!!

Hugs!
Amber

The Jenkins said...

Chad said you were both free for dinner next Wednesday. Should we say..your place around 7:00pm?

Como ganar dinero en tiempo de crisis said...

Thanks for making the honest strive to give an explanation for this. I think very sturdy approximately it and wish to be informed more. If it’s OK, as you