Monday, September 22, 2008

Part of Growing Up....



The lollipop made things a little bit better...... she isn't exactly smiling in this pic....
We went to Pigtails and Crewcuts for her first 'do....overpriced but since she'll only have one "first haircut", why not right? They have cool seats for the kids to sit in (firetruck, race car) while they cut your hair BUT they also have "adult seats" for those kids like Emma who did not want to sit in the special seats. Emma sat on Chad's lap and cried while they snipped a few inches off of her head. She really wailed when they started cutting her bangs. But a little while later, a lollipop and a new brown hair bow (since most of our fall clothes has some sort of brown in it), she was happy as a clam. She also found the store's treasure box and came home with 3 star rings (a.k.a our little multi-colored choking hazards).
And since we got the "first haircut package", they sent us home with a lock of her hair and a pic of her afterwards. See if I had extra time on my hands (before Emma was born), I could have scrapbooked the whole thing. Now all I have to do it plop this page into an empty sleeve in my current scrapbook and I just saved myself an afternoon! I think the last thing that went into my scrapbook were her ultrasound pics circa March 2006 LOL. One day I will scrapbook again but in the meantime, all my "stuff" can continue to collect dust in the corner of my bedroom.

5 comments:

Rebecca Batey Fradin said...

Total cutie pie!!!!

Hey, email me (rebeccabateyfradin@gmail.com) because I have a chiropractor question for ya. ;)

benjamin67 said...

LOL...Wow, they do the whole shebang. Ethan went to Cartoon Cuts for his first cut. The just show old Scooby Doo cartoons, but it placated him.

Kristin said...

Awwww....how cute!!

Congrats on the first haircut, Emma!! :)

Amber Schmidt said...

Love the little lock of hair! What a doll baby! I am just so jealous that she has enough hair to cut!

Pipsylou said...

That picture is SOOOOO great!