Thursday, August 28, 2008

Myrtle Beach-we are home!



We are home-had a great time away, ate some good food and enjoyed the beach....its crazy that we had to drive 6 hours to go to Myrtle Beach when our "own" beach is only a 20 minute drive down the road-seriously we never go to the beach and we live here LOL.



We stayed at the Royale Palms (part of the Kingston Shores Resort) and it was super nice-the condo was bigger than the one we live in. We stayed on the 18th floor and had a awesome ocean front view. We got a 2 bed-2 bath condo b/c those were the only ones that had a oceanfront view like this. It was well worth the money for the view and the extra space. We even had a doorbell-I thought that was pretty cool.


View of part of our deck-it continued out to the left and wrapped around to the other side. Emma and I had breakfast out there one morning.


View straight down looking down at the many of the pools at the resort. Part of the pool had a real sand bottom and a waterfall. Pic taken on Monday, in the rain.


View of the building from the beach. Ours is the one on the left, the other one on the right is the Hilton.


View of the living room/dining room from the deck.


Gotta love the decked out kitchen-laundry room on the right. I love this kitchen!


Dining room/living room


We got there around 2 on Sunday, spent most of the afternoon at the waterpark on the other side of the complex (I forgot the camera a lot while we were down here) and then had dinner at a pizza place on the other side of town. We were almost in North Myrtle Beach so most of the stuff to do was about a 15 minute drive from us. Chad and I took her to a local park to "play" (ie to tire her out). This was followed by a trip to the Piggly Wiggly grocery store (which I had to go in b/c of the name) and for the fact we needed to stock up on snacks/juice/milk. Meltdown at the check-out line followed....

The trip to the park didn't work b/c she didn't conk out until 10 that night.

Had a little too much fun on this day.....

We went to Barefoot Landing, which was 5 minutes up the road from our hotel-and she rode a cow, the carousel and had a butterfly balloon made for her. I have her monkey harness on her in this pic-that way she can walk in crowds and we still have a good hand on her. I get some "I would never put my child on a "leash" look but then again, I used to give those looks....until I had a child who won't always hold my hand. And Emma LOVES the monkey and she loves having us "walk with her".


Snack time on the beach.


Checking out the waves with Daddy


At the Ultimate California Pizza place with Daddy


Where am I? Behind the camera. And Emma wouldn't want to pose with my anyway on this trip. This was a "da-da" trip. Daddy had to dress her, change her diapers, shower with her, walk with her, sit next to her, hold her hand, put her in her carseat, put her to sleep, cut up her food for her, ride on rides with her, walk with monkey with her, push her stroller and play ball with her. Mommy was left out in the cold most of the trip. I don't know if she finally realizes that Chad isn't around much ('cause he is working, making us money, putting food on the table) and by golly, she was going to get everything out of him on this trip. Chad had to take her to the bathroom with her b/c on the first night, she PUKED from crying so hard when he got up from the table to pee. I couldn't even push her stroller without her turning around and saying "da-da push". If I held her, she wanted daddy. If I tried to change her diaper, she would run, grab the diaper and give it to Chad. It was great :)

Our last night there we had dinner at Rioz, which is a Brazilian Steakhouse. It was the best meat I have ever had there. It's basically an all you can eat meat buffet (with an awesome salad/seafood bar) but the "buffet" is guys walking around the restaurant carving various types of meat at your table. I am butchering the description so you better check the link to see what I mean. They gave Emma mac and cheese, freshly baked nuggets, fries, polenta sticks, grilled bananas and mashed potatoes with cheese. The fries arrived before our drinks did LOL. It was the best meal we had down there.

It rained on Monday and then the rest of the week the weather was beautiful. I got some sun finally and was able to lay out by the pool for a bit without Emma in tow. The waterpark at the end of the resort was a big hit with Emma (2 slides to go down) and she had fun playing in the water. Forgot the camera of course :)




All in all, we had a great first va-cay with Emma. Now back to the real world :)

4 comments:

benjamin67 said...

It looks like you had a wonderful trip. I had to laugh about your "behind the camera" comment. If you look at our family photo album, you would swear my wife was a single mother.

You should do a cheezy self portrait.

Amber Schmidt said...

I agree with benjamin!!! You could totally do your pic "facebook style" LOL Looks like you all had a great time!

Videos Youtube espaƱol said...

Wow, that’s what I was exploring for, what a data! present here at this blog, thanks admin of this website.

ikea ofertas said...

You made some respectable points there. I seemed on the web for the difficulty and found most people will go along with with your website.