Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Still here.....



I feel like we have been living here at the RMH for weeks-I am ready to get out and go home! We spent all day Saturday and Sunday holed up here b/c of the snow and Emma spent the weekend pushing the shopping cart all over the house. It's a HUGE house with 2 floors so she had plenty of room to run.

Monday we ventured out, went to the mall, got some new flip-flops from JCrew and mascarra from Sephora (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE this store) and a pretty dress for Emma at Macy's.

Tuesday we went down to Kentucky to visit my friend Amber and her daughter, Kyleigh. Ky also has VACTERS and it was such a blast to finally hang out with them in person. Amber is a fantastic photographer and took some amazing pictures of Emma. This is her blog where they are posted http://the-family-schmidt.blogspot.com/ God has put amazing strength into both of these ladies- Amber inspires me to do more and give more. She and a group of others started a non-for-profit organization that you can read about more on her blog. When she sleeps I have no idea!

Wednesday, today, my daughter starts puking at 2 am and didn't stop until close to 9. My parents are here, and they got us some pedilyte to calm things down and stuck around here until we woke up from a 2 hour nap. Then we did something fun- we went to the zoo! I got some cools pics of the animals but I got a really good one of Emma here hanging out in her stroller.
I love how blue her eyes look in this picture. She wasn't all too interested in the animals but she had fun nontheless running around the park. Then we hung out at the RMH where I attempted to insert my SD card into the slot on my laptop AND IT DIDNT GO IN. You want to know why? It's because somehow, sometime ago (prior to last week), my darling daughter shoved not only a dime into the slot but a penny too!!!! I about had a meltdown and was about to plunk the computer down on the floor when thankfully my dad came in the room and got the penny out (I had somehow manged to get the dime out with my fingernail file). What a day! Anyway, I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and keep your fingers crossed that Dr.Levitt gives us the okay to leave here on Saturday!

No comments: