As if we needed anymore stress in our lives, we talked to a realtor last week about buying a new home, since our little condo isn't big enough for us anymore. It's a great time to buy and we finally are making enough money to afford a real house.
Last Saturday, at my SIL house, her husband said why not have him build our house (he is a builder/fencer/you name it) and buy one of their lots.....well it looks like Scott is building us a house on a very nice lot out in Chesapeake. We haven't gotten approval for the loan yet since our taxes are not done but we are going to get a contract out on the lot and hopefully start building in the spring. The lot is HUGE with a view of a lake from the "second floor". You can't find lots like this down here anymore for the cost he is selling us. We are keeping our fingers crossed that it works out for us. The action won't really start until after we get back from Ohio and the house will probably start going up later on in the spring. We haven't decided if we are going to rent/sell the condo until spring so we can see what the demand is going to be for selling/renting in our area. Selling isn't happening now and neither is renting but it's winter here so maybe this spring things will pick up!